NETA Espadin ´20
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Together with his sons, Nícolas, Juan, and Eliazar, Don Tomás dedicated 50 piñas of capón Espadín to the crafting of this November 2020 batch. Due to the fluctuating temperatures in this cooler time of year, experienced palenqueros are aware that their late Autumn and Winter productions will generally have longer fermentation times than their hot and dry Spring-made counterparts, often producing very different flavors. This Espadín is a wonderful celebration of the family´s work and a true reflection of the lands and hands behind the liquid.
- Maguey(es): 100% capón Espadín (Agave angustifolia var.)
- Provenance of the maguey: Homegrown § Producer: Tomás García Cruz & Sons § Region: Logoche, Miahuatlán
- Soil type: Red tierra colorada § Rest time after harvest: Six days
- Oven: Conical earthen pit; four days with mesquite and oak
- Rest time after oven: Five days § Maceration: Machete and shredder
- Fermentation: Native yeasts; four 1200L capacity Montezuma cypress sabino wood tanks
- Dry fermentation time: 48 hours
- Wet fermentation time: Nine days
- Distillation: 2x in copper pot stills
- Final composition: Heads, hearts, and tails
- Batch size: 432L Lot: ESPTGC2011
- Date of distillation: November 202